In an effort to provide comprehensive and quality care to our patients and families, the following is a list of services that the Little Big Pediatrics offers:
- Comprehensive physical exams from birth through age 21
- General Pediatric Care
- Well Child Check Ups
- Medical Consultations
- Preventive Medicine
- Presurgical evaluations
- Health forms for school, sports participation and summer camp
- Participation with nearly major insurance carriers
- Electronic medical records to accurately and efficiently track history, medications and all medical information
- Coordination of care with hospitals, specialists and schools to ensure that families are receiving the care they need.
Well Child Check Ups/Physicals
Well child visits are a time to not only see how your child is growing and to keep current with immunizations, but it also gives parents the chance to raise questions and concerns about their child’s development, behavior, and general well-being — questions that are often difficult to discuss during sick visits.
Preventive care is a crucial part of your child’s total health care and these visits are important even when your child is healthy. These appointments are scheduled to allow the physician additional time to assess and discuss your child’s health and to address your concerns and answer any questions you may have.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the following immunization schedule and well child checkups as outlined in the schedule below:
Birth – 24 Months
For more information on the recommended immunization schedules for persons aged 0 through 18 years please click here.
Certain tests are a part of routine well-child care. These screenings may include tests for the following:
- High Cholesterol Levels (depending on family history)
- Blood Pressure
- Lead Poisoning
- Vision Problems
- Hearing Problems